Food tracking website

I thought I would post about a food tracking website that I have found useful. In an effort to be a more healthy, I have started trying to work out a little more and eat a little better. One of the most useful things to do, I hear again and again, is to track what you eat in a food diary. I've tried this before and haven't lasted long and I'll have to admit that I don't keep up with this website every day. However, here are the things I like about the site that keep me coming back:

*Big food database: They have a lot of restaurant, fast food and name brand foods listed with all of the nutrients. Just find what you ate instead of trying to guess the calories or get menus from restaurants.

*Grades for food: On a majority of the foods, they have a grade next to the food. Don't want to count calories or nutrients, but wonder if what you are eating is healthy? I am happy when I notice foods I like are graded a 'A' and I make a note when I am eating a D food, but there is a B food available by a different name brand, to at least give it a try. If it tastes just as good, I might as well eat the better for me option, right? :)

*Nutrients: This website does not only calorie counting, but also nutrient counting. It gives you a grade as well- as to how well you are eating overall, for a day, a week or a month. And it will do this on what food you have entered, so it isn't picky about you entering every single day. Perfection isn't what I'm looking for- just an average, general idea.

*Food recommendations: I really like this feature- it sees what foods and brands you have added and it finds similar foods that are better for you to recommend you try. I think this is a great feature and not only gives me an idea of what is better for me, but also some new things to try.


If you end up using the site and like it, let me know!

Comments

Popular Posts