Restaurant Review: Thai Zie

Champ giving a Thai Spring Roll food demonstration
My sisters and sister-in-law armed with our Spring Roll Wrappers to go home and try our own!


My sisters and I were treated to a food demonstration last weekend at Thai Zie in St. Charles (they have a myspace page, too). We learned to make Thai Spring Rolls by the owner, Champ. A charming guy, Champ showed us the ingredients that can go into making spring rolls and we all got a chance to make our own. This lesson was free and part of the festivities put together for our Sister's Weekend that we attended in St. Charles. We stayed and had lunch at the restaurant. I would recommend stopping by if you are in the area! Besides eating the fresh spring rolls we prepared ourselves, we tried the Pad See Ew, Fried rice and Ginger Chicken. The meals were flavorful and some had a kick of spiciness, though my Pad See Ew wasn't (which is good since I don't like things very spicy ;). We really enjoyed the hands-on food demonstration, the food we had for lunch and the staff and atmosphere of Thai Zie.

More pictures of us with our food at my photo website.

Comments

Popular Posts