Puzzling


I don't have the exact date that I purchased this 2000-piece puzzle, but I would guess around January of 2007. The grand plan was to pick out a gigantic puzzle with a picture I really liked and then frame it and put it on the bare living room wall. I thought it would be a nice winter activity to put it together. Ha! :) Do you know how much time it takes to put a 2000-piece puzzle together? I suppose it depends on the puzzler, but the answer is a very, very, very long time! After struggling with it through the winter of 2007, I started inviting friends over to help the puzzling effort along. Tim, Jean and Leanna graciously obliged, but it still got so overwhelming that I abandoned it and relegated the poor puzzle to stay beneath the tablecloth, less than half put together and out of sight for the summer.... and fall....and winter. Come April of this year, I really don't know what possessed me to uncover it. I think I was almost ready to give up and admit defeat. But, somehow, to my surprise, the break in puzzling really gave a different perspective, and I was able to make much more headway on it than I really thought possible. Did I mention that I was less than halfway done with the easiest parts in April? Look at it now! It is at about 85% completion! Can I draw some lessons from the near puzzle disaster? A change in perspective can really matter? Perseverance is the key? I guess, for me, it just shows, that even in what seem to be the unimportant things, life can still teach us lessons about what "puzzles" us! :)

Comments

Popular Posts