Restaurant Review: The Gage



I enjoyed The Gage for lunch recently. The first picture was my lunch meal, a baked semolina dumpling. It was a lot like a polenta and was topped with fontina cheese shavings, nutmeg, golden raisins, basil and served in a dish of tomato ragoƻt. It was absolutely excellent!

The other photo is of my friend Karen's meal. It was the special of the day- a pulled pork type sandwich, I believe, topped with some delicious onion rings I got to try. It was a spicy sandwich with some type of pepper that some people may like, but seemed to be a bit too much for Karen.

I count this place among the best restaurants I've eaten in the city and I'm trying to figure out the reason behind that sentiment I've gotten into my head. I didn't try that much of the food, though what I did try I loved. The atmosphere was lovely- we dined on white tableclothes and had impeccable service. I'm not sure what I liked so much about this place, but it impressed me. I'll be back! :)

Comments

Popular Posts