Restaurant Review: Heaven on Seven


I enjoyed a lovely dinner at Heaven on Seven tonight. They have two locations- Wabash, which is only open for breakfast/lunch, and Rush street, which is open for lunch/dinner. According to their website, they also have a Naperville location, which would be convenient for me in the burbs, but I'm sure not quite as fun! :) I met a friend and my niece at the cajun/creole restaurant and felt like I'd gone back to New Orleans- hurricanes, crawfish, grits and gumbo adorned the menu. Take special note of the picture above, because it is what you should order should you go to this restaurant- shrimp and grits. They were a-m-a-z-i-n-g. Parmesan cheese mixed with the grits made a creamy sauce and the shrimp had a spice/seasoning on them that I couldn't quite place, but sort of reminded me of buffalo sauce like they have on chicken wings.

Everything we tasted was just great- a Bayou platter of red beans and rice, black-eyed peas, spicy sausage, greens in mustard sauce and jambalaya, gumbo soup (of course), fried-green tomatoes, and bread pudding with made with regular and chocolate breads. I can't keep eating like this, but while I do, I may as well share. :)








Comments

Popular Posts