Fireworks


Happy 4th of July! :) I just love fireworks. I used to try and see as many displays as I could, but now I just make sure to go at least once during the 4th of July season. There's just something about them... they make me think of going to see fireworks as a kid and laying our blanket down among the sea of people. We had to wait what seemed like forever for it to get dark. I remember the smell of grass, and playing with the grass to pass the time, being in the semi-dark, but feeling safe with my parents right there. After every firework, we'd say "Oooooh" or "Ahhhh" and back then, a few minutes elapsed between each one while a real person lit the firework and ran away- not like 30 minute or longer automated and musically choreographed displays we get today! ;) The finale was about 10 fireworks in a row. Many kids now would find that a really lame show, but we looked forward to it every year. As an adult, I find something romantic about fireworks... cuddling in the dark with your loved ones, watching the pretty colors and formations. I still look forward to them every year... :)

Comments

Popular Posts