Addiction


Last week, I decided to read Twilight, a book in a series by Stephanie Meyer. There are 3 books in the series so far- Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse. The 4th, and I believe last in the series, Breaking Dawn, is due out August 2nd. I bought the first book in the series Tuesday evening. I finished the third (Eclipse) late Saturday evening.... it became a real addiction and I could not put them down. I read 500 pages in one day. It felt similar to reading the last Harry Potter book, reading fervidly, to find out what will happen next. I stayed up late each night, read a few pages each morning, dived back into it at lunch, read it at stoplights on my way home and read while eating dinner, except for the night I had to stop at the bookstore to buy the other two books in the series- once I knew there was no hope- I was addicted. I don't want to give any spoilers to the books. I would even go as far as to say not to even read the back cover- just start reading. If you like the fantasy genre, I think you will like these books. I think it is for an older audience than Harry Potter, and it is a bit darker. I liked the first book the best of the three, but enjoyed the entire series. I'm ready for the last one, but have to wait a month and a half, which is quite as torturous as it was for Harry Potter. ;) When you are done with the books, THEN go to the author's website and read how she got the ideas for the story, chapters that didn't make the book, etc. and visit Twilight Source for news regarding the books and movie that is coming out later this year. Oh, and feel free to email me to discuss! :D

Comments

Popular Posts