Andrew's Listener Challenge -> Read Twilight

I've been hearing about the book Twilight (by Stephanie Meyer) for a while now. It's being touted as the next series to read for Potter fans by Mugglecast, the Harry Potter podcast that I have devotedly listened to for over a year now. On this week's show, Andrew issued a listener challenge for all of us Potter fans to go out and give Twilight a read.

Why haven't I picked it up after hearing about it for months? Well, let's see. Harry Potter is going to be hard to replace. When you're as into it as I have been-going to conferences, hosting fully decorated viewing parties before movie releases, attending midnight book releases, being Hermoine for halloween, re-listening and re-reading all the books over and over, re-watching all the movies over and over, listening to Mugglecast like a fanatic and putting Mugglenet in my news feed reader... it's just hard to give it up and move on. Harry is just someone who can never be replaced. It's sort of like having your best friend move away and losing contact with him. What's going on with him now? Yeah, I need a new best friend, but the one I had, I can't replace. But, when you finally have a new best friend, you realize that it is not a replacement for the old. You still have those memories, as I will, of the Harry Potter era.

But, the time has finally come to put the past aside, and get a glimpse that it IS actually possible to laugh again, cry again and be swept up into another fantastical story- in Twilight... I bought it tonight. :) I'm on page 42. Book review to come in a future blog... Thanks also to Stacey for being instrumental in both getting me to listen to Mugglecast and to pick up Twilight. ;) Sorry, gotta go read now...

Comments

Popular Posts