St. Louis


I spent the last week in sunny St. Louis on a business trip. It actually was very sunny... good weather, very warm. The best part was finding some good places to eat in St. Louis! (Thanks, Bruce! ;). For prosperity's sake (and the next time I go to St. Louis, so I'll have a list of good places), I'll list the places we went both this time and another time I was there that were quite good:

Schlafly Bottleworks-- great home-brewed beers! I'm not a big beer drinker, but these were really great! Cheese soup was also delicious, as was their pizza and berry cobbler.

Remy's Kitchen-- Gourmet restaurant with an organic ingredient bent. Delicious food! I tried the Truffled Wild Mushroom Fondue, Moroccan Seasoned Crab Cake, Cheese plate and Asparagus & Beet Salad (and liked them all).

Gelato Di --hands down, the best gelato I ever had- try the chocolate or chili chocolate!

Bartolino's-- Everything I had was good- Aracini appetizer, Risotto al Gorgonzola and I tried the Tortellacii agli Champignon and the Veal Braciole.

LoRussos-- Another great Italian place, though I can't remember exactly what I ate there.

Ted Drewes Frozen Custard-- Delicious! Get a concrete (like a blizzard) with anything mixed in. Described as a St. Louis institution, it was fun to go and see. There were tons of people just standing around eating their frozen custard, but the service was speedy nonetheless.

Comments

Popular Posts